10 September 2009

Oh, my nerves... Ellen on American Idol





To each his own...

I've tried and tried, but I just can't stand her. (Not her views, certainly not her orientation...)

My view is that she is not funny, but millions think she is. I advise you to actually listen to her, and see that you can anticipate a lot of what her humourous comments will be, once she starts on one of those meandering topics. She actually makes the long departed George Gobel - whose patter also had a kind of Bob Newhart languidness - look like he's a fast talker.

I don't think it genius of the AI producers to hire her. She has been patently un-funny as host of the Emmys, the Tonys, and the Oscars. And on Idol, she has the ego of Simon Cowell to deal with, and the diva aspect of Ryan Seacrest. (On second thought, this might be a train wreck that I won't be able to turn away from.)

By the way... her show is being sued for copyright infringement of recorded music. Hmmm... now isn't that what is normally called a conflict of interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment