11 September 2009

Suspension of dis-belief...






When traveling, I'm always drawn to bridges. I have lived near suspension bridges on both sides of Canada. My admiration of the beautiful, and yes, sensuous lines of a suspension bridge never wanes.

I've driven across the Lions Gate and the Macdonald bridges numerous times as a resident of Vancouver and Halifax.

I've driven over the Golden Gate Bridge when vacationing in San Francisco.And I was on cruise ships when sailing under the Lions Gate and the Lisbon Bridge.All of the bridges evoke similar admiration regardless of the length of the span.

 

  The bridges, from the top:

The Angus L. Macdonald Bridge, Halifax Canada

The Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco USA

The April 25th Bridge, Lisbon, Portugal

The Lions Gate Bridge, Vancouver, Canada









No comments:

Post a Comment